Today is Friday or as I like to refer to it, Yay-day!!! What better way to celebrate Yay-day than with this super creamy luscious drink called Nieve Rosa?
This is the first time that I list a drink on this blog as a recipe, but believe me it won’t be the last. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no lush, but on occasion I do enjoy a beautiful, creamy, luscious drink and this one fits the bill. So easy, you’re going to want to go out there to get the ingredients if you don’t have them at hand.
The alcohol in this recipe is totally optional, but let’s be for real, unless you’re not of age to drink or you have to go to work, or your religion prohibits it – why NOT add it? No matter, whichever way you prefer it, you’re going to thank me for this drink. So in closing I wish you, a Happy Yay-day and…
- 1-8.5 oz. can of Cream of Coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup of tart Cherry juice
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 oz. white rum, or more to taste (optional)
- Maraschino Cherry for garnishment
- Gather your ingredients in your blender beginning with the ice
- Blend all your ingredients until ice is completely crushed and you obtain a super creamy texture.
- Serve in a wide cocktail glass and garnish drink with a cherry or whatever fruit you prefer.