1) You are NOT of Mexican descent;
2) You ARE Mexican and you know that today has nothing to do with the Mexican-celebrated Independence Day; and
3) (and this is a big one): It’s Tuesday, a WORK week “night”, ain’t nobody got time for that.
On the off chance that you still want to maintain that spirit of needing to celebrate something just because, here’s your chance to be a shining star. One bite of these and EVERYONE will be talking about them for days (important if you’re that type of person that needs adulation on a constant basis) 🙂
HINT: You may want to DOUBLE this recipe and make a lot! Everyone will rave about these and keep coming back for more than just one!
- 1 12-ounce Won Ton Wrappers
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 8-ounce Frontera Taco Skillet Sauce (or use your own taco seasoning brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Anything that you would normally add to your tacos is game here:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Diced Jalapenos
- Diced Avocado
- Shredded Lettuce
- Prepare your skillet and season and then brown your ground beef/turkey until no longer pink. Drain, if necessary.
- Add in your Frontera Taco Skillet sauce and follow directions on package. Once done, cover and put to the side.
- Fill up your muffin tray with the wrappers then place into oven and WATCHING VERY CAREFULLY keep in the oven until wrappers turn a golden brown. You will note that I got distracted and they turned TOO brown. Don't make this mistake and don't get DISTRACTED while these bake. I will NOT be telling you a time as ovens vary, JUST KEEP YOUR EYE OUT FOR THEM TO TURN GOLDEN!
- When done, remove from oven and wait for them to cool, then remove them and place them on a rack and proceed to stuff them as you would a regular taco.
- Have fun and enjoy!