With the fast approaching “Cinco de Mayo” comes an influx of Mexican recipes. Here in the United States they are mostly Tex/Mex recipes. While I’m not Mexican and do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I am game for Mexican food at all times, authentic or Tex/Mex! Following is a soup that I made in my Mc’Daddy Pressure Cooker (remember I told you about this here) and I made this soup in record time! Once again I’m going to tell you “YOU NEED TO OWN ONE OF THESE!!!”
I had this on my kitchen table in less than 20 minutes. Hello???? Are you listening? Less than 20 minutes.
The best Mexican Tortilla Soup you will ever have with ingredients you may already have in your kitchen! If you don’t have a pressure cooker, go get one! No just kidding, if you don’t have one just comment on the bottom so that I can send you the regular cooking method direction if you need it. In the meantime…..
GO – MAKE – THIS – NOW!
Yields 6 servings
The quickest best tasting tortilla soup you will ever make.
- 1 32-ounce carton Chicken Stock/Broth (Low Sodium)
- 1 14 ounce can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with chilies
- 1 7-ounce can La Herdez Salsa Casera (or your own favorite brand of salsa)
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 stale corn tortilla, finely shredded (or you may add 2 teaspoons of fine corn meal to give it thickness and add more of a tortilla taste to the soup)
- rotisserie chicken, cut up into big chunks
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste (make sure you taste so you do not oversalt)
- Monterey jack and Colby cheese, shredded
- 1 package of Fresh gourmet Tortilla Strips, Santa Fe Style (or you can make your own)
- Sour Cream
- Place all ingredients except beans and corn into pressure cooker and pressure cook under manual for 8 minutes.
- Quick release and add beans and corn to pot.
- Press manual for 3 to 5 minutes and done!
Send me a comment if you don't own a pressure cooker and would like regular cooking instructions.